Saturday, March 17, 2018

Beam Me Up - Lawn Fawn March inspiration week

Hi there!

Welcome to the Lawn Fawn inspiration week!


We have a lot of fun and inpiring projects to share with you during these days and I hope you enjoy them!

The first set we're showcasing is Beam Me Up, a cute aliens set and it's a great new addition to prevoius sets like Out of this World, I know this one will be a favorite for a lot of people :)

When I saw the cake and the sentiment "Take us to your cake" I knew I wanted to create a card like this, an interactive card where the aliens steal the cake haha.

I used watercolors to create the starry background and then sprinkled some white paint all over it to simulate the stars.


For the aliens and the spaceship I used my Copic markers and added some details with Glossy accents to the alien eyes and lights of the spaceship. It's hard to see on the photos but I also added a layer of acetate to the dome.


To create the interactive part I used the Slide On Over dies, adding a foam adhesive to the back of the cake and to a stripe of cardstock through the die hole. This way, when you pull the tab, you move the cake with it and it hides behind the spaceship :)


I hope you like my card! Don't forget to visit the Lawn Fawn blog for more inspiration using this set, a demo video and a giveaway, don't miss it! ;)

Supply list:


3 comments:

Heather M said...

Love how your cake gets BEAMED UP!! Great idea!! Love your coloring!

AJoy said...

Love the background! And I love that you made it a slider card!

Jennifer Reece said...

The background is fantastic and the interactive element makes this very fun--perfect for aliens!!